Tuesday, May 24, 2016

going out with a (bang) book!

"And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." 2 Timothy 2:4

Exploring way to decrease the summer reading slump, Mrs. Annie instigated our first Summer Book Swap.  For weeks she verbally explained in detail how it worked.  And then, she sent explicit instructions home to students/parents.  Yesterday we started the swap and surprising questions rose like an angel food cake in the oven.

"Can I reserve a book from the Book Swap?"
"How long can I keep the books?"
"Can I pick the books I brought?"
"I want a book off YOUR LIBRARY shelf."
"Do I have to get a book?"
Then, the cake "runneth-over", flops and burns.  Do you hear the sizzle?

Weren't they listening??  Even with all the thorough, clear directions, some of her words fell right out of their heads. 

Father, surely You relate to how i feel.  You've given us clear, precise directions on how to live through Your prophets, Jesus and Your written Word.  Yet, we sometimes act as if we have no idea what You mean.  Thank You for Your patience, unconditional love and continual guidance.  I pray to possess and release some of Your understanding Ways this week.  May i rise above the circumstances so You can shine.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment