Wednesday, March 8, 2017

i give up

"And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it." Luke 12:29

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?" Luke 12:25


Unexpected changes and future uncertainties are a rich breeding ground for worry. And i am standing knee-high in a pile of nasty worry-weeds.  It made last week's decision on what to give up for Lent easy.  

For the next 40 days, i am committed to give up worry. I am choosing to consciously pull out the doubts of my heart and turn them over to God.  With so much up in the air, i am guaranteed to keep God in the forefront in my mind and heart every hour, every minute by giving up worry.  

I believe this is one purpose of Lent, to give up something that causes us to depend and focus more on God.  With one week gone, i can honestly say by doing so, i feel an increase of His Peace.  I have no answers or solutions to my circumstances, but growing trust in God.  He has this for the next 40 days... and for my entire life.


God hath not promised skies ever blue,
Flower-strewn pathways always for you.
God hath not promised Sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow, peace without pain;
But He hath promised strength from above,
Unfailing sympathy, undying Love.

we are love and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment