Thursday, March 2, 2017

what is your name?

And the Lord said...
"I will also give you a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to you who receives it." Revelations 2:17

Helping the kindergarten teacher fill out her student wish lists at Book Fair, i encountered an awkward moment.  I asked her where John was; she replied there wasn't a John in her class.  I looked back at her in disbelief.  I looked down at the paper where i had scribbled his name and said, "The boy I am helping told me his name was John." 


 And she replied again, "I don't have a John in my class." 

 With a raised voice, i called out, "John". 

We both turned when a boy behind me answered.  "Oh", she chuckled, "that is Paul." 

Paul?? With wonder, i looked at him. "I thought you said your name was John."
  
"Well, you said to give you my first name."  

His teachers have taught him well.  He knows the difference between first and second.  Although his FIRST name is John, he is known by his SECOND name.

John Paul Brown is not alone.  Many of us have several names, and it can be confusing... legal names, pet names, nick names.  

As believers, we can each expect still another new name... one given to us by God and known only by Him and us. We will always know with certainty when He is calling us. I don't know about you, but i get chills just thinking about that.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment