Tuesday, June 29, 2021

a heavenly sign

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8,9

Have you ever pulled a trailer behind a car?   If so, you know traveling forward is not too difficult but backing up is quite a different story. While traveling in the mountains and needing to stop, i pulled off the road before we reached our destination.  When my daughter asked me how we were going to get back on the main road i froze, realizing i put us in a terrible dilemma.  

The curvy road i turned on appeared to be a private path.  Fearing going forward would not lead to a place to turn around with a trailer, i tried backing up.  Ha! impossible task for me; then she tried... better, but still a harrying challenge.  On one side was a deep drop and the other a full, small parking lot. Inching back and forward, i felt trapped in an impossible situation.  When i finally looked up, i saw the answer staring me in the face. It was a heavenly sign for 2 reasons. 

The destination of the path i had unknowingly turned on was to a church... a church with a parking lot large enough for us to twirl the car and trailer around without a hitch.  

Thank You, Father, for Your perfect ways!  May this serve as a constant reminder for me -- when in a tight, or impossible situation to stop desperately looking for feeble solutions on my own and instead look up to You first.  Your ways are always perfect and better than mine.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal



note:

I've been informed by blogger that emails will no longer be supported by on any blogsite.  This means if you receive my devotions by email, you will no longer receive them starting in July.

I am trying to solve the problem by finding what and how I can add a new email server to my blog.  Unfortunately, technology is not a strength for me, I am struggling.  At this point while I am unsuccessful in making an email transition, starting in July you will need to access my blog in one of two ways: 

1.   look up the blog via the website - www.saltshakersforhim.blogspot.com 

2.   access through facebook and like my page - Teacher Devotions

I have downloaded/saved you and all my email contacts from my blog.  If I can locate a new email server and add it to my blogsite, I will reinstall the email feature and resume emailing... just don't know how or how long this will take me.  Pray for guidance for me.  Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment