Thursday, December 14, 2023

a ring to BELIEVE

"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel." Isaiah 7:14

My doorbell ring camera alerted me of an unexpected visitor at my door.  Not expecting anyone, i peered at the footage on my phone to see who was present. What i discovered was a beautiful red cardinal flying in and sitting on the rail of my porch.  Calmly, it sat there as if to say, "all is well."


I've heard that seeing a red cardinal means the spirit of a loved one who has left earth is around and watching over you. I know it's a tale, but it's one that warms my heart with sweet peace, especially during CHRISTmas. There is comfort in the cardinal reminding me of all the beautiful memories with my precious loved ones and showing up to spread love and cheer in my life.

But wait, there is one more heartwarming sight that i did not even notice until i wrote this devotion and added the picture.  People who know me, know i look to the sky for crosses... for comfort and reminders of God watching over me.  If you look closely at the picture, there is a cross in the sky too.

Only God, my friend, only God.  He knows us better than anyone and provides what is needed. If we allow Him, i believe He will see us through this CHRISTmas season with a JOY-filled heart.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we BELIEVE it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment