Thursday, December 7, 2023

do you gift match?

"For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16


I am making a bold change in an old habit. Gift matching has been a stumbling block for me at CHRISTmas for years.  I end up stressing and spending more time and money on unneeded gifts than in areas of genuine needs. Why? because i didn't want to feel embarrassed or look cheap.  Yet, the Truth is if they know me, they know i care for them by how i love them year-round.

After wrestling with this for ages, i am finding sweet peace in Truth. The most valuable gift i have ever, or will ever receive is the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ,  This gift is untouchable on all levels. I can never begin to match this gift nor do i try. Instead I humbly accept it and strive to live continuously with a grateful and loving heart to my Giver. 

Why am i openly 'fessing up?   At an age of more than half-a-century, i have nothing to lose but some silly pride... and it might help someone else with their struggle. May we accept all gifts with a grateful without a feeling of owing as we allow pockets of love to spill out on others throughout the year. Afterall, isn’t love the greatest and most needed gift by all? 

Father, help me stay mindful that what we do in love is what matters. 

Now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment