Friday, December 15, 2023

let Me in.... please

Look! I have been standing at the door, and I am constantly knocking. If anyone hears Me calling him and opens the door, I will come in and fellowship with him and he with Me." Revelations 3:20

Opening my kitchen door, i was startled at the sight. There appeared to be strangers on my porch bent over and begging.  After a moment of shock, i realized they were not strangers but my manger people... Mary, Joseph, the shepherd, angel and baby Jesus.  I had sat them on my porch the day before, only to forget about placing them in my yard.

How could i forget them, especially at CHRISTmas?? But no worries, at least i was quietly reminded by them, they didn't forget me.

  

Isn't that true about Jesus? We get hurried, scurried about details, schedules and ongoings; and He slowly slips in the back of our mind.  Yet, He does not yell for our attention, pout about our decisions or clam up in anger.  Instead, He kindly waits... hopes... prays for a better and deeper relationship with us.

Is Jesus knocking at the door of your heart? Open wide and welcome Him into your day.  He will fill your heart like nothing else.  Jesus is patiently waiting for all of us.  Let's go and celebrate with Him now.

p.s.  Not sure why all these porch stories are surfacing.  But i've got one more porch at my home and can't wait to see what unfolds there. Maybe it's just Him reminding me i am always surrounded by Him.  What a God of wonder and love and JOY we serve.

Thank You, Father.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal  

No comments:

Post a Comment