Wednesday, August 21, 2024

need a hug?

"May the God of HOPE fill you with all JOY and PEACE as you TRUST in Him so that you may overflow with HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

First day of school worries... 

How's my hair?
Is my outfit okay?
Did i get enough supplies?
Where is my snack?
Will my classmates like me?
Am I ready for this grade?
Will my teacher like me?

And do you know what is the biggest stress reliever to your students??  Your big smile and welcoming arms.  
Jitter bug hugs are best and what is needed most in these first weeks.  Yet, hugs are not just important in the first days, they are important every day.



Just how important are they?  According to scientists, here are some hugs facts:  they reduce stress, pain and fear ... they support immune and cardiovascular health... they increase happiness.  It's said we need four hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.

Is it no wonder when we speak and hug others in need, we also pray and think of them being cared for in the loving Arms of God.  Maybe an updated version of the above verse could be this:

May the God of HOPE and HUGS fill you with all JOY and PEACE as you TRUST in Him so that you may overflow with HOPE and HUGS by the power of the Holy Spirit.

I don't know about you, but i feel like i need to go hug someone.  Do you need a hug?

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment