Wednesday, June 13, 2012

he's quiet, and still here...

"And the word of the LORD came to him/her...
The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.”
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. 
After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. 
After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. 
And after the fire came a gentle whisper
When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.
Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”" 1 Kings 19:10-13


As a child, I grew up primarily in the surroundings of my Mother's single-life.  She blessed me richly in love, and I followed her with joyful obedience.  I remember constantly praying for God to provide her with a perfect husband, and He did. Being her child, i too was showered with his love. But then, when I loss Mother, I also loss the Dad I had come to know and love.


Tears fell over the double loss; I was hurt, and yes, even mad.  I did all I possibly knew in being compassionate and understanding with Dad, praying to God for peace and guidance, and striving to live a life that would honor Mother. So why did I still ache so heavily over my loss?  Through the quakes of questions and the fire of fury, I finally heard God whisper, "Child, why are you so sad? Even with such a great loss, you are still richly blessed.  Live in it."


My Daddy, a quiet, honorable and humble man, never forced himself into my life... yet he was always there.  He stood by willingly and gladly accepting any crumbs of my time I had to share with him and my other "Mom".  No matter where my priorities where, he clearly considered and kept me as one of his.  Because his love for me is truly unconditional, all I've ever had to do is turn to him at any time, and he is there for me.  That's the kind of love I want my children to know too.  Thank you, Daddy.  I love you with all my heart.


And thank You, Father, for whispering Truth to me... i am indeed blessed.


have a thank-filled day!


veneal 





No comments:

Post a Comment