Tuesday, June 26, 2012

spiders, bugs and snakes... oh my!

"Do not forsake your friend..." Proverbs 27:10

Flower picking. It sounds rather harmless, unless it's with my sister-in-law.  Before we departed for roadside picking, she warned me of  possibly seeing snakes. Gathering flowers for my friend's party, literally had the makings of a breath-taking adventure.  Braving the woods in my heavy jeans and cowgirl boots in 90 plus degrees, left me wondering -- just what was I doing!?   But it was with and for two of my favorite people... I wouldn't be anywhere else.
 
Friendships are wonderful.  They add much love, joy, laughter and support to our lives.  They can also add anxiety, grief and pain.  Is it worth it? Absolutely.  Through such genuine friendships, we encounter and grow from all these feelings. Our relationship with them and God is strengthen. 

Going out on a limb with and for friends, allows us to increase the sweet Fruit of love, kindness and faithfulness.  Would you like more Fruit in your life?  Try stepping out of comfort for a friend today.

have a friend-filled day!
veneal








No comments:

Post a Comment