Monday, June 11, 2012

how did they know?

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him."  Psalm 62:5

Sifting through the mail, i stopped on an unexpected piece addressed to me. Why or how did they think i might be in need?  The information from the mortuary was timely... in a way.  The past few weeks, a big blur of endless activities and demands, had left me exhausted.  My body and mind ached for complete rest and down time... but not the kind offered in the mail.  At least, not yet.

Father, only when i center my thoughts on You does the dust from my running settle.  Then with You, and You alone, there is a stillness of mind and body, allowing Your Peace to seep through and soak my bone-dry soul and spirit.  How thankful i am for the refreshment, renewal and life found in You!

have a rest-filled day!

veneal





No comments:

Post a Comment