Wednesday, October 31, 2012

lost his head

"You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways....Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, You are there; if I make my bed in the depths, You are there. If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to You; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to You.Psalm 139:1-8

The big jerk got my attention.  An initial quick check revealed everything in place, when my charm bracelet got caught in the metal table.  But the next afternoon, i noticed a charm missing.  The bracelet, a gift from my Mother, is a fixture on my wrist for over 18 years.  Attached are the head charms of my children, my gems.  To lose anyone's head was a multiple stabbing of my heart.  
 
As i prayed, i quickly returned to where the jerk occurred.  And there it was next to the wall in the leaves ~ his head.  The painful jerk that had damaged, also alerted me where to search.

Father, do i sometimes jerk in Your Hands and tumble to dark places?  You are aware of every move i make and every thought that flows in my head.  You always know where to look for me when i fall away from You.  There is no hole deep enough or forest thick enough to hide me.  Thank You for Your endless pursuit of me when i am lost. How thrilled i am to be loved and found by You!

have a grate-filled day!
veneal 


No comments:

Post a Comment