Wednesday, October 17, 2012

unfulfilled promises

"I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people." Leviticus 26:12

I would like to be your classroom President.  If you vote for me, I promise to...

Classroom politics are not much different from grownup politics.  Students make many promises to their classmates as they strive to be elected for an office.  Promises, like... no weekend homework, more recess, longer lunches, ice cream every day.

What are they thinking?  Yes, these promises sound wonderful, but they are not realistic.  Maybe, they are thinking... what does it really matter?  Maybe they have experienced enough broken promises to think who really cares, who bothers to keep their promise.  I know i've experienced broken promises to me, as well as, broken my share of promises to others.  May we all strive to be better examples and be a person of our word... a true promise keeper.

Let us draw on the strength that there is One who always keeps His promise.  One we can totally depend on.  One who will never let us down or mislead us.  Aren't we blessed to have a Perfect Example to follow!  Thank You, Jesus!

have a promised-filled day!

veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment