Friday, January 25, 2013

Are you HooKed?

"... Jesus called in a loud voice, Lazarus, come out!” The dead man came out..." John 11:43
 
"Jesus stopped and said, Call him.So they called to the blind man... What do you want me to do for you? Jesus asked him.  The blind man said, "Rabbi, I want to see." "Go," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you." Mark 10: 49. 51-52

"and a woman was there who had been crippled by a spirit for eighteen years... When He saw her, Jesus called her forward and said to her, Woman, you are set free from your infirmity.”  Then He put His hands on her, and immediately she straightened up and praised God." Luke 13:11-13

Have you ever felt taken?  Just the other day i excitedly shared with you the news of an awesome free app, Jesus Calling.  But i soon learned it was free for just a week.  Somehow i missed it was just  a trial... until the same day's devotion kept coming up day after day.  In my "taken" state of mind, i resented being fed enough to stir my appetite, and then asked for payment for the full version.

When my pouty smoke cleared, 2 facts surfaced...

1.  The misunderstanding occurred due to my excitement and lack of reading, not their lack of information.

2.  When hungry or thirsty, i don't hesitate to plop out several dollars for a one-time temporary feeding.  So, why am i hesitate to spend the same amount for an incredible permanent feeding of my soul?

Hmmmm...  Quick temper + quick judgement = bad call

Time after time His Word shows, when Jesus calls, miracles happen.  I don't want to miss Jesus Calling; i don't want to miss a day with Him. I am thankful to be hooked on Jesus Calling, everyday.

have a calling-filled day!
veneal


 

No comments:

Post a Comment