Wednesday, January 30, 2013

snuff balls

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

You can hardly ever go wrong with chocolate, but the snuff ball in my mouth made me wonder.  Actually, it was not real snuff.  The round chocolate was covered in powdered cocoa, and the instant i popped it in my mouth, the dry, bitter cocoa caused my mouth to shrivel.  Thankfully, i didn't spit it out, and waited long enough for the sweetness of the chocolate to melt the cocoa into a yummy delight.  


Father, just how many snuff balls have i had??  You've seen me bite into many things in my life. You've watched me fret, worry and be anxious over events and decisions around me.  Panicky and franticy behavior has never provided the best solution.  Instead, waiting and trusting in You, Father, allows the faithfulness of Your Love to overcome all "snuff" with Your grace and mercy.

Help me remember with each snuff ball, Your sweetness will overtake the bitterness in time, every time.

We need to Wait, Watch and Witness.

have a sweet-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment