Friday, October 4, 2013

anger dANGER (part 2)

Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 
 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Matthew 22:36-40

Thank you so allowing me to share my recent anger pains.  AND, thank you for speaking truth back to me.  Some expressed similar struggles and some provided words of comfort.  A bless reminder we need to honestly and continually share  with others the love of our Father – so we can LIVE the abundant life He desires for us.

Oh, those stones we carry and want to hurl at others… because they totally deserve it from our perspective.  And then to stop, and be reminded, God has every right to hurl stones at us.  But instead He covers us in love and forgiveness.  My tears are dissolving the anger  and being replaced with forgiveness.   I am not completely there, but because of God and with Him, I am healing.  I know forgiveness is His Will for me because of the indescribable peace I now feel.  Letting go of the anger and praying with love and not hatred has restored my JOY.   Thank You, Father.
 
Let's encourage each other every day.  It’s a fierce battle out there, and we need Him and each other.  It's critical we honor God's LIFE rule 1 and 2 -- loving Him and our neighbors.  Not just the neighbors we choose, but all neighbors, even the ones who stomp and spit on our heart... or our child's.  How is this possible?  Only through God.  We can't accomplish the second greatest commandment without doing the greatest one first.

There is immense dANGER in anger; God threw several red flags before me biding for my attention, including irritability, impatience, bitterness resentment.
We gain so much more when we choose obeDIEnce instead.  When we DIE to self and LIVE for God, we are then filled with freedom, peace and JOY!

have a JOY-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment