Friday, October 18, 2013

may i borrow one?

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29

Do you ever say something you really don’t  mean?  I do.  Like, “May I borrow a tissue?” Really? Think about it.  Who would want it back? How nasty!

And then there are the more serious comments… i hate you, go jump in a lake, you make me sick, you are stupid, i don't care how you feel, no one likes you, get out of my life. In the heat of a moment, out of fear or exhaustion, we can spit out hurtful words we really don't mean.  But like the tissue, the words are now used, and can't be put back.

Father, There are times my emotions go crazy and my mouth follows suit.  Help me to stop, breathe and think before i speak. I don't want to sulk later about saying something nasty and not being able to take it back. I want my words to flow with kindness and in confidence of bringing You glory.  

have a kind-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment