Monday, September 8, 2014

slow, but still good!

"Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come." Psalm 71:18

Postscript from Friday's devotion:

Truly my age was showing, physically and mentally, when the student told me i would not be alive when she became a grownup.  I was caught off my rocker and couldn't find the words to respond -- a common situation with age.  

A day later, with my mind clearer and sharper, i smiled with the confidence and knowledge of how i should have responded...

"Mindy, actually you are wrong.  When you are a grownup (many years from now), i will be more alive than ever before!  I'll just have a new address.  One that is out of this world."

Then, the thinking cap would be back on the student's head.

Yes, as a believer growing older does have it benefits... including eternal JOY.  Let's not miss sharing the Good News with all around us.

Surely Your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal


Look forward to seeing you at the Faith, Freedom and Public Schools conference on Saturday morning, November 1st, at Milestones Church, Spartanburg, SC.  
What a great opportunity to learn how to effectively and legally be the Hands and Feet of God!
Register today online at www.gtbe.org  / Upcoming Events / November 1st; 
first 100 registrants receive a special gift package worth $20. Register before October 1st for $10 off registration.

Can't wait to see you there!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment