Monday, September 15, 2014

where are my trophies?

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward to the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14

"Mom, where are my trophies?"
"I threw them out."
"WHAT??!  You never throw anything away. I can't believe you got rid of my trophies!"
"Oh, i'm sorry. I didn't think you were interested in them, and the dust on the shelf was so thick. I thought you'd be tickled i tossed something out."



  
It was easy for me to lay down her trophies from so long ago, surely they didn't mean that much to her... but what about my own trophies? 

Tossing out anything of mine is not easy for me.  From greeting cards and plastic bread bags to 20 year old ill-fitting suits, i have a hard time letting go of my stuff.  People say things worth remembering, styles repeat, and saving money is always smart...so keep everything, right?

Yet, letting go of the past can be freeing.  The past can paralyze us into old ways or habits.  Whether our past brings back memories of glory or defeat, if we sit in it too long it can deter us from receiving what God has in store for our future.  Growing in the knowledge "God is not finished with us yet" helps to nurture and strengthen our relationship with Him.

Father, as we move on with You in faith and obedience, please help us to shake off all the old dust surrounding us.  Open our mind and heart to prepare for a fuller, more meaningful life with You.  You are the one prize our eyes need to rest upon.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
 veneal



Have you registered?
Look forward to seeing you at the Faith, Freedom and Public Schools conference on Saturday morning, November 1st, at Milestones Church, Spartanburg, SC.   What a great opportunity to learn how to effectively and legally be the Hands and Feet of God! Register today online at www.gtbe.org  / Upcoming Events / November 1st;  first 100 registrants receive a special gift package worth $20. Register before October 1st for $10 off registration.
See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment