Friday, October 2, 2015

who's leading who?

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Contacts for me consisted of 2 different lenses, one for distance and one for up close. I felt like a special one-eyed pirate, sporting 2 correcting "patches".  How is that going to work? The doctor said not to fret and explained my brain would figure it all out. Feeling doubtful, i decided to help.  So, when looking at things up close i turn my head to the left, and for distance i turn to the the right.  The past few days, i'm sure people think i've developed a twitch... to the right, to the left, to the left, to the  right, to the left, etc.

Yet all my yearning and turning is futile.  The brain really does rule and know which eye should dominate.  I know that because most of the time i turn the right eye in the wrong direction.

Regrettably, this is not the only area my extra efforts are futile.  Sometimes with my prayers, i am prone to think God needs my help as well.  I pray for His guidance, direction and help, and then before i know it, i've got myself all over the situation, striving to get the results i desire.  Surely, i put a twitch in God's neck with my impatience and give-and-take attitude.

Father, forgive me. May i lean into You with my prayers and leave them with You!  Train my brain and heart to trust You in all things.

friend, we are loved and chosen by God,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment