Friday, August 7, 2020

senses impaired

"...whoever is kind to the needy honors God." Proverbs 14:31 
When the requirement to wear a mask first began, i was apprehensive on how it would affect my life. With my mouth covered up, it was reasonable to expect i'd talk less.  Next, i noticed not only did the mask affect my ability to talk, but i also couldn't hear as well. And it didn't stop there; strangely, yet clearly, my vision was fuzzy.  And of course, who can taste, much less smell, with a mask in place.  The mask also served as a alert to not touch others.

Even though all my senses are impaired with a mask, not all is lost with this new necessary garment. I have also been blessed. My excessive snacking decreased, needless chatter stopped, food stuck in my teeth can't be seen, less makeup and hair styling is needed, and no one can detect onions or garlic on my breath.  

But the most positive reason of all for wearing a mask... it protects and respects anyone close by. And that reason alone makes the most sense of all to mask up.  You are important to God and to me. 

May
All
Serve with
Kindness and 
Selflessness

Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Phil. 2:3-4

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment