Wednesday, January 4, 2023

are you celebrating?

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

Wouldn't it be nice if a new year also meant new beginnings?   As 2023 rolls in, i find myself still entangled with some of the same issues, fears and challenges of 2022. The excitement of a new year didn't evolve. Just like you, i sometimes find myself in need of encouragement. 

As the heaviness of looming events clouded my first day back at work, i found comfort from several in my path. But the most powerful encouragement came from our Father. He prevailed in my day mightily with a staunch reminder of Who He is... for me, and with me.


Leaving an hour later than planned for lunch, i went home to eat, but the timing was perfect on God's scale. Practically every day, a common, peaceful habit for me is looking up at the sky.  But lately my focus has drifted no further than my own feet.  This day, my eyes unintentionally drifted up while stepping in my car, causing me to freeze in place.  Boldly and beautifully the sky danced with crosses. 


In front of me and to my side, i felt surrounded by the presence of God. It was if a boulder had been lifted off my shoulders. And my lungs overflowed with sweet air.

To my delight, when i arrived home for lunch the beautiful crosses appeared to touch the sky directly in front of my house. 

After a quick bite, i discovered the crosses faded in the sky, but not in my soul.  The memory and Truth of it burned in my heart... God is with me.


God speaks, comforts, directs and woos us in many ways.  One might say "my crosses" are merely jet streams, but to me they are so much more.  When i'm in desperate need of direction, strength and faith God reminds me of His mighty power and that i am not alone.  Such perfect timing can only come from Him.  

And in such moments, i realize the truth that His ways might not be my ways nor my desires.  Yet, in His vast understanding and all-knowing power, His is the perfect way and answer.  And that, my friend, acceptance of this fact, is where our peace can take root and flourish in our soul.

Maybe a Happy New Year is not what i'm after or in need of each year. Happiness is a state of mind that ebbs and flows based on happenings. Instead, i want/need everlasting peace.  Maybe a more appropriate and meaningful wish or prayer would be for a Peaceful New Year.

Wishing a Peaceful New Year to you, your family and friends.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment