Thursday, January 26, 2023

good enough

"So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him." 1 John 4:16

Seeing the scraggy condition of my holding cross yesterday, a friend offered me hers.  Aware of her hardships, i knew she valued her cross as much as i did mine. I was deeply touched by her willingness to sacrifice her cross and assured her mine was now good enough to keep.


During the time of my brain surgery over 11 years ago, a friend gave me my cross.  It has been a daily part of my life since then.  Through sickness, deaths, hardships, fear and more, it has helped me cling and focus on our Father.

Knowing how special it is to me, my husband sanded out the rough areas and sealed it with an oil... kind of like what God does with me. He continually smooths out my rough patches, hurts and pain and coats me in His love. Like my cross, i'm not perfect, but good enough for Him to keep, love and put His Light in me for others to know Him.

May His Light shine through our brokenness... always.

we are loved and chosen by God, 
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment