Monday, January 9, 2023

listen...

"To answer before listening— that is folly and shame." Proverbs 18:13

Listen... 
Mrs. H hardly ever started talking without first saying, "Listen..."  and for me it usually works. It keeps me quiet as i actually listen and give her my full attention.  I know personally many times when i am talking to someone, my mind starts wondering to other things, like -- what i want to say next, what i need to do, i need a snack, etc.  A kind command to listen and focus on the person talking can be appropriate. 


Unfortunately, friends and family aren't the only ones who might not receive my complete attention when talking.  I shutter to know even God must shake His head while trying to speak and guide me, especially in agonizing seasons.

Father, forgive me when the commotion of my life interferes and yanks my attention away from you. Drifting away from You is dangerous for my mind and soul.  When i miss your whispers, i pray my name rumbles LOUDLY off Your lips before i fall.  But if it takes falling to my knees to hear You, let it be.  Because i know in due time, You will reach down, pick me up and then heal and restore me to You. Thank You for pursuing me and Your other children, no matter what we have thought, said or done.

Listen, friends, God knows, cares and is our Anchor no matter the storm. He has us.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment