Monday, January 23, 2023

do you have a Word for this year?

"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we also have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we celebrate in HOPE of the glory of God.
 
And not only this, but we also celebrate in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, HOPE; and HOPE does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Romans 5:1-5



For years i have focused on Mighty Words for the day.  But i also need a Mighty Word to sustain me through the year.  With so much turmoil, uncertainty, heartache, fear, tension and disruption, i hunger for a word to carry me through the year and permeate the foundation of my soul. And after much prayer and consideration, God has continually placed a Word in my heart while at home, school, church or on errands... HOPE.  As a believer and child of God it's the word He has pressed in my soul to claim with confidence. 

Anxiety, fear and doubt can easily erode faith when the ground beneath our feet is cracking like fragile eggshells, teetering us precariously over a jagged, deep ravine.  If and when that shell breaks, i need to know it will land me exactly where God sees fit. And wherever that is i can be assured i am not alone and am held in our Father's Mighty Hands.  Today more than ever, i don't know what tomorrow or even the next 5 minutes holds, but as long as i belong to God, the HOPE i possess from Him will sustain me. And His peace can restore comfort to my ragged soul.

Father, i am reminded from one of my favorite songs...

https://youtu.be/WoPcyr2oYhg

My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame, But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name. 

On Christ the solid Rock I stand; All other ground is sinking sand...

... this hope will not disappoint.
 
Do you have a Mighty Word for this year? If not, may i suggest you pick one. The Bible is a rich source of words to strengthen us.  Kindness, love, forgiveness, gratitude, prayer, rest, giving, patience, praise, encouragement, obedience, respect, trust, honor are just a few that spill from the pages. I HOPE your Word causes your life to overflow with our Father's wonderous, unending love for us.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment