Wednesday, September 20, 2023

a dirty mess

"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."  Psalm 139:23-24

Having a weak moment, Bella made a dirty decision.  Left on her own in the backyard, she had some short-lived fun excavating in wet dirt.  Unfortunately, Bella's hair prevented her from hiding the evidence; even her facial expression revealed the fact she knew she had gone astray.  Unable to remove the dried-up dirt, she could only wait for "the talk" and for help to clean up.  

Sometimes our wrong actions, decisions, or weaknesses are obvious and the pending consequence comes quickly.
Sometimes we willingly make the wrong choice, thinking we can conceal it. Sometimes we get sidetracked by our wants and have to just sit in our mess. And sometimes we just plain screw up.  Whatever the case, turning to God in our wrongdoings is the right answer in getting the help needed to clean up.

Thank You, Father, for the washing of Your Word and the pouring of the Holy Spirit into our lives. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

we are loved and chosen by God.
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment