Friday, September 1, 2023

I see you

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord... It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24

While eating dinner out last Friday after school, my phone dinged.  And as we all usually do, i picked it up to see who sent it. Then i read the message...


The text was from a co-worker. Was it a delayed message?  Then as i looked up and around, i spotted her.  With her faced lit up and flashing her beautiful smile, she was sitting at a table right across from me and waving.  My heart jumped for JOY as she is always a positive, encouraging and welcome sight in my life. Quickly, i walked over to her. What a special, sweet time we shared laughing and chatting.

Has this ever happened to you?  I can think of Someone who could send this message 24/7. Sadly though, it might not always be met with the happy response i experienced with my friend. 

Now, let's reread the paragraph as if it were from God: 

The text was from God.  Was it a delayed message?  Then as i looked up and around, i spotted Him.  With His faced lit up and flashing His beautiful smile, He was sitting at a table right across from me and waving.  My heart jumped for JOY as He is always a positive, encouraging and welcome sight in my life. Quickly i walked over to Him. What a special, sweet time we shared laughing and chatting.

Father, whatever i am doing, may it bring glory to You. Help my JOY increase and sadness regress as i remember i am always under and in the range of Your loving eyes.  May You see us looking more like You each day. 

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live, love and do like we believe it,
veneal


No comments:

Post a Comment