Wednesday, November 6, 2013

need a pick-me-up?

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

The darkening of the sky only increased my weariness. It had been a long emotional day, and i still had over an hour drive to get home. I desperately needed a pick-me-up.  Then on the horizon i spotted the beautiful glowing orange-pink sign.  I wheeled in for coffee and a donut... well, maybe two... or 6... or a dozen... but wait! They were offering a SUPER special on 2 dozens.  But who needs 2 dozens??

As i examined the varieties, i quickly rattled off my desires... 4 maple frosted, 4 blueberry cakes, 2 chocolate all the way, 2 custard filled, 2 sour cream.  Yikes! 14 donuts.  Common sense said, "put 2 back, a dozen is sufficient."  BUT, there were exciting new flavors and a 2 dozen special.  hmmm...  So, 4 pumpkin spice, 4 red velvet, and 2 chocolate covered (can never have too much chocolate) -- i left the donut store a little dazed and a lot glazed.  I never imagined my pick-me-up would be so sweet.


Can you use a pick-me-up?  Although the donuts were good and sweet, they don't have staying power (except on the hips).  God is our best and surest pick-me-up.  And like the donut shop what He has to offer us is far greater than we can ever imagine.  When we stop and turn to Him for peace, we also find safety, guidance, wisdom, discernment, hope, joy, acceptance, life, satisfaction and more. His benefits possess no end for those who are His treasured possessions... us, His children.

Unlike donuts, we can never, never have too much of God.  The more of God we have, the more satisfied we become.  He picks us up for the good... for good.

Thank You, Father!

have a sweet-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment