Monday, November 4, 2013

rainbow mom

And God said,
"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth... never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life." Genesis 9:13,15

I promise to do my homework.
I promise to be home on time.
I promise not to yell any more.
I promise not to talk bad about others (gossip).
I promise...
How are you in keeping your promises to others?  to God?

God's Word... we can depend on it, every time.  What He says, He means.  What He promises, He delivers.  As God's people, we want to be found  trustworthy in our promises too. Yet, in the heat of a moment... in anger, in need, in fear, in desperation, in weakness... we sometimes make promises we can't keep. May God give us the patience, courage and guidance needed to say and deliver promises we can make.  It's better to be silent than it is to make promises we can't keep.  Faith and respect can't grow in promise breakers.


Father, i want my words to reflect peace,trust, honor and truth like your rainbow.  Help grow me into a faithful Rainbow mom, not a feisty Rambo mom. 

have a promise-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment