Friday, November 15, 2013

we must dust!

"... all of you, be (Christ)like-minded , be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble." 1 Peter 3:8

Due to flooding in our basement bedroom, total renovation is necessary from the ceiling to the floor.  After sheet-rocking the room, dust covered the ENTIRE house.  I felt ill and exhausted just thinking about the clean up.  Then i remembered --

The massive flooding in the Philippines...
The 1,000's without homes, electricity, food, water...
The lives lost, families destroyed, friends missing...

Suddenly the irritating dust in my house became minute.  My thoughts turned to my enormous blessings and humbly reminded me of all my riches.  A warm home, fresh food, clean water, comfortable bed, electricity, medical assistance... and the greatest blessings of all -- knowing the whereabouts of my family and friends.

Shifting our eyes off self and onto people around us, can provide a needed reality check. Sometimes a major shake up or disaster can bring us back to our senses -- reminding us what's really important, relationships with God and others.  Thank God now for your numerous blessings, and give your loved ones a big hug. 

Father, dust off my selfish heart to better understand and respond to the hurt and needs of others.  I want your Love to cut through my dusty ways so Your Light can shine through .



have a shine-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment