Friday, November 22, 2013

staying in the lines

There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, who rides across the heavens to help you and on the clouds in His majesty." Deuteronomy 33:26

Whoa! Who did you park next to this morning?  Your car is all over the line!"

Actually, i didn't park next to anyone.  The parking lot was practically empty when i got to school. Embarrassed, i flew out to straighten up my car.  But the cars beside me had followed suit, and i couldn't move. My sloppy parking had rubbed off on them.

Boundaries are good.  But like in the parking lot, just knowing and seeing them don't mean we will abide by them.  I definitely need more help.

God and His Word provide boundaries for us in living an abundant, joyful life.  Like with my parking, i need the guidance of an expert driver to help stay within the lines.  I need God in the Driver seat of my life.

Father, i want to be parked right next to You at all times.  Left on my own, i have a tendency to cross the boundaries of love-hate, giving-keeping, joy-anger, sharing-taking, helping-ignoring, fear-trust.  The closer i am to You, the better i am in making strong, good decisions.  Surround me, and keep me straight, Father.  Thank You!

have a joy-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment