Monday, February 3, 2014

a perfect finish

But He (the Lord) said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Did the Superbowl leave you super disappointed or super elated?  Like all competition, there is a winner and a loser.  Some say a perfect season for a team entails walking/dancing away with the ultimate Super Bowl win.  Some say it would also take an undefeated season to constitute a perfect season. The perfect season -- did it happen?

In the world's eyes, perfection requires no flaws nor mistakes.  It carries a lot of weight in terms of glory and acceptance, as well as, pressure, anxiety and disappointment. In the eyes of Christ, perfection is all about our flaws and mistakes.  It is through our mistakes, flaws, and weaknesses the perfect power of Christ surfaces.  Is He showing through you? 

As believers, we are living in a perfect season, if we are allowing Christ to rule over our lives.  Let the celebration begin!  Thank You, Father!

have a perfectly Christ-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment