Saturday, February 1, 2014

momma told me not to come...

"It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God... For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit." 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8



Thank you, Natalie Grant, for the respectful stand (or exit) you took during the Grammy's. As believers we must guard our mind and heart against wrongs and weaknesses -- such as inappropriate behavior, so easily accepted as norm in our me/materialist world. If we don't exercise strength to take a stand for what is right, how will we be any different from an unbeliever? How will our children know the difference in right and wrong, if we accept all things? In my Bible Study, a verse keeps ringing in my head, "Every one did what was right in his own eyes". This verse clearly defines the cause for the horrible tribulations and troubles during the Judges period. Putting personal goals and desires before God is costly to all who participate. 

I was sadden by the racy entertainment on the Grammy's... as well as, the limited outcries afterwards.  My heart grieves over these actions, and our lack of actions.  When we are more concerned about offending people instead of our Father, we tread in dangerous waters. Thank you, Ms. Grant, for being a voice of Light in the darkness. We need to follow you... and more importantly, we need to follow our awesome God.  We need to listen to our momma, and our Daddy.

May God give us the strength and courage to stand up for goodness. And to walk away from what breaks His heart.


Below is an excerpt from an article by Joshua Riddle... "Refusing to pass judgment on the debacle, after she left Natalie had this to say on her Facebook page, which in a few words said so much:
We left the Grammy’s early. I’ve many thoughts about the show tonight, most of which are probably better left inside my head. But I’ll say this: I’ve never been more honored to sing about Jesus and for Jesus. And I’ve never been more sure of the path I’ve chosen."
have a strong-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment