Friday, February 7, 2014

are you stressed?

"Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did." 1 John 2:6

It might as well have been God talking.  

If a family member, friend or other adult had asked me the question, my response likely would have consisted of a shrug and nod.  But it was a child asking.  And the weight of the question, carried the impact of a hundred sticks of dynamite.

Are you stressed?

Not a word had we exchanged, yet my demeanor and body language spoke clearly to him... and others. Our one-on-one interaction lasted less than 7 seconds.  "Charlie" blew me away with his keen observation.  A powerful lesson for me on the impact or affect we have on others... whether we spend years, days or just seconds with them.
 
Father, help me keep my attitude intact. When frustrations begin to overtake me, let me be reminded of what Jesus said, "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest... For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."  Thank You, for the Charlies you put in my life.  You know what it takes to get my attention.


have a peace-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment