Monday, February 24, 2014

The Book

"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

Our library received an incredible gift last week. Our fifth graders, along with special artists, created beautiful stained glass panels for our main window.   We eagerly watched the installation and transformation from lifeless panes to vibrant life.

"How do you like the book?" Mrs. B asked.
"Like it?" i asked,  "Why i love it!  I can't believe it! I think it's The Book of Life and Light -- right here in our library!" 



Intended to represent all library books, i could only picture it as our precious Bible. The golden pages radiant with light, joy and life.  I now have a larger than life reminder of God's Word before me.   What was meant as an artistic addition is also a prompt on righteous living for me.

Father, as thankful as i am for the visual focus, it means nothing if it doesn't penetrate my heart. I pray it prompts and strengthens me to keep my words, actions and heart pleasing to You. 

have an alive-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment