Friday, February 21, 2014

finished with it

"... I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him for the day." 2 Timothy 1:12

Students tossed books in the return bin, eager for new material.  They were finished with the books, and i was finished with the constant theme that kept showing up.  Yet, every time i thought the last winter book had been turned in, someone dropped another in the return bin.  I could do nothing, but moan and keep checking them in... one chilly book at the time.


Do you have any reoccurring themes in your life?  Family issues, health concerns, heart ache, anger, loneliness, work conflicts, etc.  How often have you thought an issue was resolved, only to see it resurface again? During these times it's difficult to keep frustration and hopelessness from rising.  It's then i must rely completely on the strength of One who is an expert on reoccurring themes and who is crazy for me.

God is the One. He sees me panic with decisions, pout over selfish wants, throw temper tantrums and even turn away from someone in need over and over again.  He does not give up, throw in the towel, turn up His Hands in disgust or walk away from me.  He knows and understands me better than i do myself. 

Father, thank You for Your unending patience and understanding. You and You alone, i trust with my life.  Hold me up, mold me up, and bold me up as a servant for You.   I want to catch and pass on the reoccurring theme of Your love to all i meet.

have a peace-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment