Thursday, February 28, 2019

how can that be?

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

"Sally, this is a book about Helen Keller.  She was blind and learned to read Braille with her fingers."
Pause...
"But how did she learn to read with her fingers?  There aren't any eyes on your fingers."

Besides raising money for our library, the Book Fair has provided some timely, sweet moments, such as the one above... a tender exchange of truth and wonder between a dad and his daughter.
Father, sometimes the obvious in life gets completely lost and muddled.  The answers we get conflict with our understanding.  What do You mean to love your neighbor as yourself, and even to love your enemy?  Can we love and disrespect at the same time?  Do our differences mean one is better or less than another?  Who can stand blameless before You? Not i; i am in need of You, my Savior, as much as my neighbor and my enemy.

What, wait, i think i hear Your Voice... focus on the board in your own eye, so your compassion may grow... do to others, (no matter who they are), as you would have them do to you. 

When i read Your Word, Father, my understanding is of Your immense grace and mercy You have poured freely and graciously out on undeserving me, as well as, everyone. By sharing Your Perfect Love with others, not our judgment, we fulfill Your desire to help grow Your Kingdom. Instill in me an Open Heart, so i might treat all with dignity and respect. 

 May we take all our confusing moments to our Daddy first.

we are ALL loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment