Friday, February 22, 2019

is that rain ...again?

"Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God." Psalm 42:5

Slipping on a raincoat these days is as necessary as shoes.  The harsh cold rain, dripping off my coat has been an unwelcomed part of my life for many, MANY days. And the lack of recess for students is like a pop quiz on patience for teachers... you just do the best you can and hope you pass the test.  But, oh! what a burst of happiness landed in our school mailbox this morning. In preparation for summer, the office had returned a notebook for updates.  Reading the cover washed away the dreary, wet days of late.
SUMMER reading... What a wonderful, warm reminder that these cold, wet, gray days will not last forever.  It's a season.  It will pass, and another will replace it.  Did i just hear you sing hallelujah too?

Father, we are thankful for all our days, but sometimes we are slap worn out from all that pours over and on us. Thank you today for the reminder of a new season on the horizon. Even though You always reign, we sometimes need a jolt to recall the SONshine from You never forsakes us. Today i'm celebrating the hope of tomorrow we have from You, while looking forward to tossing my shoes and raincoat aside soon.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment