Monday, February 25, 2019

how's your thinking?

"Do not copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2

Why does he do that?

What was she thinking?
I don't understand him.

Can you relate to any of these frustrations?  I sure do. No truer words have ever been said or thought of by a teacher of a student, a person of their spouse, a parent of a child, a child of a parent, a friend of a neighbor and of numerous other relationships.











As I have fretted for days, months, years over some relationships, one of recent was emotionally whipping me. However, in God's perfect time, He directed me 3 times with the same message in less than 48 hours... think differently, think differently, think differently.




As i accepted and started working on this directive, i have recovered some peace.  Also, i've found the need to think differently on several levels... 
  • Personally - i don't know everything.  Acknowledgement of blinders which limit vision and knowledge in all situations -- a  defense that can stall or impel God's plan
  • Relationship with others - i don't know everything.  Need for seeing/feeling all relationships on the flip-side -- being in their shoes changes how the shoes fit
  • Relationship with God - i don't know everything...and that's OK.  Admitting my weakness in trusting God with every aspect of my life -- must pry my sticky fingers off the malfunctioning self-control stick for true peace
When faced with the question, "If where you are today is where your best thinking has gotten you, do you need better thinking?"  For me, it was a cold water in-my-face "yes" moment... a wake-up call for better thinking.  How is your thinking?

Father, i pray for a change in my thinking, as i strive to know and follow Your will for my life. Help me think and live with more heart and understanding for others.  

we are loved and chosen by God,
may we live like we believe it,
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment