Tuesday, February 28, 2012

leaping leprecauns!

"...and good news gives health to the bones." Proverbs 15:30

The low snickering around me was puzzling until my husband whispered a leprechaun had sashayed into the coffee shop.  The quick five minute stop before getting my MRI and checkup was providing more of a treat than expected.  Without risking whiplash, I turned around as carefully and normally as possible to discover he was right.  Standing about five feet short and 70ish in years, she was dressed in green sweats, green shirt, green vest, green scarf and, of course, a dainty green derby.  Clearly it was too early for a St. Patty's day party, but for me the timing was perfect - giving me a sign of what was to come.... a sign of good luck, a sign of good news.

As you can guess, the news from my doctor was good. I don't have to return until July for another checkup.  Good news -- we, as believers, are surrounded by it.  It just takes looking up to our Father, daily ... sometimes we see it in rainbows, sometimes in lots of green, sometimes in a kind word, sometimes in the smile of a friend.  But it's there, just look for it... the Good News is there for you too.

have a good-filled day!
veneal






No comments:

Post a Comment