Thursday, February 16, 2012

Why (not) me?


"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  Romans 15:13

Until recently, i'd always considered myself healthy as a horse.  On that morn of November 7th, i discovered that like the horse that appears to be healthy, looks don't tell everything.  In the blink of an eye, a person can be put down or sent out to pasture too.  With an unexpected emergency i didn't have much time to think about it.  BAM!  I'm walking one minute, down the next, and brain tumor detected next.   Decisions came swiftly and action happened.  There was no time to muddle around or procrastinate.  How thankful i was God was with me.  Because of Him, i was filled with hope and indescribable peace.

My trust and relationship with God also kept me from pondering the question "why me?", only "why not me?"   For years i have prayed the Jabez prayer - for God to increase my territory.  Has He answered me?  In recent prayers i know my name has been on the lips of loved ones and strangers, and the Salt Shakers email list has grown.   If through my trauma others witnessed and learned of God's mighty power, grace and healing, how blessed i am to have been a vessel of hope for Him.  The pure "why?"  is not important; but our pure trust in Him is.  I am praising our Father for His faithfulness and His response to prayers.  I trust God has worked exactly how He desired.  He always does; may His hope and peace fill you too.

 have a believing-filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment