Friday, March 9, 2012

7 miles to empty...

"'Because he loves Me,' says the LORD, 'I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges My name.  He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.'" Psalm 91:14-15

Whether it was from the concern in my mind or lack of fuel in my tank, my ride felt choppy and bubbly.  My car's dashboard beeping and flashing "7 miles to empty", played a major role in my sweaty anxiety.  I had never relied on the tank accuracy to that level before, since computers can be faulty at any time. Could i trust it to be right, or was i going to find myself on the side of the road waiting and waving a white flag?  

My car hasn't been the only thing running on fumes... so am i.  With four days and one night of Book Fair complete, i am feeling a BIG time fizzle on this last day.  Yet there is a major difference in calculating the amount of trust on low fuel levels between me and my car.   Unlike my car, i know Who i can trust and rely on for refueling and refreshment without hesitation or worry.  And even if i get caught completely drained and hung out to dry, all i have to do is call out to Him, and He will answer... and that's a guarantee, every time.

Counting the minutes?  Yes, i am.  Thanking my God?  Absolutely!

have a joy-filled day!
veneal







No comments:

Post a Comment