Thursday, March 1, 2012

how it your willpower?

"Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger... Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:31-32

Over 200 delicious looking cookies needed to be handled, and I managed to do it without eating a single one. Chocolate chip, iced, sugar and sprinkle cookies aplenty got moved from the hall to the library.  What willpower, right?  Considering they were fat free, calorie free and -- made of paper, anyone could have resisted eating them.  

My willpower concerning other areas of my life could stand some strengthening. Our Father gives us clear direction on how to treat others in our life.  When I am rested, healthy and everything is going smoothly, being kind and forgiving is as easy as not eating paper cookies.  But on the days I am tired, unexpected changes occur or difficult situations arise, I can find myself in the mood to chew nails and spit them out in the path around me.

Lord, move me or remove me from others when my willpower to control my tongue breaks loose or anger seeps out.  Help me to remember I am always a witness for You, whether I am in the mood to be or not.  Fill me with Your Will and Power...  I want to always be a witness of Your love and grace. 

have a power-filled day!
Veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment