Wednesday, March 28, 2012

do you have an imaginary friend?

"...but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."  Proverbs 18:24

Recently, "Edith" sent me an email confessing she thinks of me as an imaginary friend.  Never having had one, i wasn't sure if that was good or bad. Can you imagine, a grown woman with an imaginary friend? I couldn't, until i took the time to ponder what an imaginary friend might offer ...listening to all your deepest secrets and irritations and keeping them totally private, giving you undivided attention and love, and making you feel important and worthy.

With her confession, she uncovered a Truth for me.  I do kind of have an imaginary Friend -- Jesus.  I can not see Him, but i  know and trust He is with me on every step i take.  To Him i can spill out my deepest secrets, my tears, my hopes and my fears.  I can trust Him to understand and hold all my thoughts and words forever. He will listen to me without leaving me but loving me unconditionally.

The Truth is Jesus is no more imaginary than i am - i am real and so is He.  May we  remember what we can't actually see before us can be the most magnificent part of our life.  Jesus is not my imaginary Friend, but my real incredible, indescribable Friend -- and yours too.

have a faith-filled day!

veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment