Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mighty Healing Words

The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life, but violence overwhelms the mouth of the wicked...
Wisdom is found on the lips of the discerning, but a rod is for the back of him/her who lacks judgment…
The lips of the righteous nourish many, but fools die for lack of judgment.”  Proverbs 10:11,13,21


I heard this morning “hurting people say hurting things”.  Oh, how true this is!   It’s no secret we live in a fallen and hurting world.  So, how can we possibly make a positive impact?  By being in control of our lips. 

Lord, I pray for Your help in controlling my thoughts and my tongue.  Your Word is filled with the danger and death our tongues can inflict on others.  Help me to not heap more hurt on those around me, but to be a soothing salve for them.  With You, Father, I know all things are possible.  And, I thank You.

Have a kind-filled day!

veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment