Wednesday, March 14, 2012

a real pain in the mouth

" My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry..." James 1:9

It was the most painful mouth ulcer ever -- not because of its size but its location.  Centered on the inside of my lower lip, it was precisely where my teeth touched my bottom lip when eating or talking.  A weight loss strategy i didn't like and a conversation reduction plan i liked even less.  But right now, listening is easier than talking and staying peaceful better than fussing.

It's amazing how pain can deliver a sweeter life... and even obedience.  Forced to be a quiet, calm and acute listener transformed more of the "I"s in my thoughts to  more "you"s.  There is greater time and attention in the stillness to focus on the cries and needs of those around  me.  How good our Father is to not let anything go to waste.  Obedience to Him, whether willingly on our part or brought about by other means, is always right, good and fruitful.  What do you say?  Think about it...

have a quiet-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment