Friday, March 23, 2012

have you had an eye opener lately?

They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.” Psalm 112:7

Personal Eye Opener 1…  Does November 7th, 2011, mean anything to you?  It sure is stuck in my head... literally.  It was the day i grew significantly in gratitude in ALL things, thanks to my God and my brain tumor. 

Personal Eye Opener 2…  "Uhh, what's your  name?", "I've been missing you so much!", "Where's Mrs. Harris?" ( my sweet substitute), "Glad you're back, you treat us all the same".  These comments and others heard when i returned to work, reminded me we have no idea who and how  we affect others. For His sake and others, i now consciously pray be more aware of my words and actions to everyone.

Eye openers... what might appear as bad news, can in truth be good. A fellow BS (brain surgery) friend invited me to go to Columbia for Brain Injury Awareness Day. Unable to attend physically, i was able to send my heart and prayers with her since i am personally more aware and understand the issue better. 

Whatever “bad news” you have received, trust our Father will help you to find the good in it… for your sake and for the sake of others.  Chances are you too have a story to share to bring forth good out of bad.

Have a joy-filled day!

veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment