Wednesday, May 8, 2013

that smells

"My soul finds rest in God alone..."  Psalm 62:1

When i am tired, i stink.  I'm not referring to body odor stink, but heart and mouth stink.  On these days, the struggle isn't with job performance -- the struggle is with kindness.  Because i fear the shortness of patience and sprouts of irritability showing its ugly face, i just want to go home. 

Why did i keep pushing yesterday?  Was it really worth it?

Father, i know it doesn't matter how good of a job i do, if my attitude stinks. As the school year quickly closes in and deadlines tower, help me.  Help me stop, rest and just be with You. My heart can't reflect You, when i've left it at home under the covers. May the sweetness of Your Love overpower all my weaknesses and mistakes.

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him.

have a sweet-filled day!
veneal  

No comments:

Post a Comment