Friday, March 28, 2014

checking out -- pride

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the LORD... It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23,24

Do you look at numbers?
Curiosity enticed me to check out numbers, i previously claimed as irrelevant. Yet, monitoring the number of "hits" for my blog left me feeling yuck.  They weren't increasing, but were stagnant. There's some truth in curiosity killed the cat, as it interfered with my focus in writing devotions.
 
The dismal numbers created doubt.  Maybe the devotions weren't needed. Maybe the time of their usefulness was over.  Maybe admission of some of my failures was too disappointing.  Maybe my writing didn't possess enough flair.  Maybe it was too preachy.  Then i remembered.

I remembered i never liked writing, but God filled me with an unquenchable desire to write and share Him.  I remembered thanks from people i'd never met face-to-face, only heart-to-heart. I remembered encouragement from friends.  I remembered what God put on my heart, only He should remove. And most importantly, i remembered in the beginning it had never been about numbers.  Being obedient to what we are called to do by God is what counts.

I also remembered, it is His Word, and His alone, that brings change, healing, growth, peace and LIFE.  And if God uses my fingers to get His Word out and share His goodness with just one, i am honored and blessed.

Lord, forgive me for checking out numbers.  Remove that crazy, foolish pride from me.  I want to be found checking out obedience to You. You are my Number One, and the only number that matters.

What are you checking out in your life?  Remember Who and what truly counts. God has something He wants to accomplish through each of us.  Whether we touch one or thousands, let's remember every one matters to Him.

have a release-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment