Wednesday, March 19, 2014

so through with you!

 "You, Lord, have filled my heart with greater joy... I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety."  Psalm 4:7-8

The first sighting of it was awesome! 
The glistening snow, colorful mittens, robust snowmen.  But now, all i think is...

Snow, ice, mittens... oh my!
I'm so done with you, good bye!

My joyous Winter welcome has completely fizzled out.  I'm ready for warm, sunny days. What once was fun and eagerly anticipated is now dreadful.   

In most cases "the first" is great, and then.... hmmm. This weariness doesn't apply to just snow, mittens and winter.  It could be first day at work or school, first class, first friend, first project, first love.  What causes the dullness of a time to grow in our restless heart?  Does any first produce lasting joy?

Yes!  Our first realization of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior is an everlasting joy.  And the best part, the more we come to know and understand His immense, unconditional love for us, the greater our joy.  

Let the snow come, and let it go, just as my love for it does too.  Jesus is my One ever-increasing delight and joy, and He is enough.

have a faith-filled day!
veneal

No comments:

Post a Comment